Monday, April 27, 2009

Kennedy's Birthday - I am Canadian!



















Kennedy celebrated her 9th birthday on April 4th. We had her party at the end of March because her birthday actually fell during the school holiday. It was a beautiful sunny day which was a first for us. Her birthday is early enough in April that the weather is still a bit chilly and maybe even rainy. The temperature was in the 20's so we were able to celebrate outside. This also made it easy for clean up as you can leave all the crumbs for the birds!!

















This year she chose a Canadian theme for her birthday. Yes, it is a bit cheesy but it certainly was easy! I just bought everything in red and white. Some of the kids even dressed in red and white.














They had a great time outside snacking on chips, pizza and koolaid. The koolaid was a first for the Aussie kids and was received with mixed reviews. The cake was a masterpiece ( I can say that since I made it) and came out fabulous.






The kids ran around the yard, played a few games, opened gifts and ate cake. I think it was a success over all. Kennedy was really pleased with how it all turned out and that's all that matters - right?

3 comments:

  1. Um, what you did with the cake? AMAZING!!
    I love the idea of the outdoor party. It sounds SO MUCH easier than what we do. I wonder if moving to Australia, just so that I can celebrate our kids' winter birthdays outside, is a good enough reason? It would probably cut down on the insane numbers of family that would attend as well... hmmmm.... need a Canadian neighbour? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kennedy!!!!! It looks like you had an awesome party, good choice on the theme, and yes! the cake looks awesome mom!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garth said??? I don't know how that happened? It was me Tracy, got to love technology eh!!

    ReplyDelete