Friday, June 12, 2009

Alex Turns 7

Alex turned 7 on the 22nd of April. We have two April birthdays in our house but I like to do separate things for each girl as they each have their own style. Alex's choice of theme this year was "Fairies". I don't go all crazy with a theme but do my best with the cake, napkins and plates. The weather was different for us this year as it was raining the day of Alex's party. Late April is late autumn here. Normally it is quite sunny on her birthday and we are able to send all the kids outside to play. This year we had 12 kids inside, which was truly a test of decibles and noise tolerance.







Half smile in the first photo and half in the second. They are a great bunch of girls (and boy) and the party was a lot of fun. They ate a ton of food!!!





My latest edible masterpiece! I found this fabulous book that gives step by step directions for some great kids cakes. I thought I did OK for someone who had just come home from a night shift and was decorating at 8 am.
Alex loved her cake.
Time for opening presents and of course everyone wants a front row seat.
All in all it was a fun day and Alex had a blast. Rhiannon is already planning a "disco" party for her birthday in November - yikes.

1 comment:

  1. That cake is AWESOME!! You have way more patience for that kind of thing then me. I've tried a few times, but gave up and just order from the bakery now. I guess I can't be expected to do EVERYTHING!! :) Looks like Alex had a great day!

    ReplyDelete